Joseph E. Thoensen joined Richardson Plowden in 2007 in the Columbia office. He focuses his practice in civil litigation, insurance defense, and products liability.
Mr. Thoensen's experience includes:
- Advising insurance clients in products liability, premises liability and other personal injury matters
- Routinely appearing in state and federal courts throughout South Carolina on behalf of corporations and insurance companies
- Successfully negotiating and mediating a wide variety of personal injury claims
- Defending hundreds of asbestos exposure claims throughout South Carolina on behalf of multiple product manufacturers
Scholarly Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- 2013, Continuing Legal Education course on Asbestos Litigation
Pro Bono/Community Involvement
- Mentor, The Supreme Court of South Carolina Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Judge for South Carolina Bar Middle School and High School Mock Trial Program
- During law school, Mr. Thoensen was the Projects Editor for the Real Property, Probate & Trust Journal.