Barbara A. Chesley is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. She focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense, insurance defense litigation, hospital law and nursing home/long term care litigation. She has a special interest in legal risk management for the healthcare professional. As an attorney and registered nurse, she offers a unique insight into these areas.
Mrs. Chesley's experience includes:
- More than 16 years experience as a registered nurse.
- Served as a Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist at Baptist Medical Center in Columbia, S.C.
- In-house Legal Risk Manager for Palmetto Baptist Medical Center from 1997 to 2000.
- Frequent guest speaker for nursing, medical and other healthcare professionals on health law and legal risk management for the healthcare provider.
Scholarly Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- An experienced speaker, Mrs. Chesley most recently presented at the South Carolina Student Nurse Convention in Myrtle Beach.
- Previously certified as a Critical Care Registered Nurse
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society
- University Affiliate for the USC College of Nursing
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- Download vCard
- Rated AV Preeminent® for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale-Hubbell American
- One of 12 South Carolina attorneys selected to be featured in SC Bar Video Campaign.