Barbara A. Chesley is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. She focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense, insurance defense litigation, hospital law and nursing home/long term care litigation. She has a special interest in legal risk management for the healthcare professional. As an attorney and registered nurse, she offers a unique insight into these areas.
Mrs. Chesley's experience includes:
- More than 16 years experience as a registered nurse.
- Served as a Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist at Baptist Medical Center in Columbia, S.C.
- In-house Legal Risk Manager for Palmetto Baptist Medical Center from 1997 to 2000.
- Frequent guest speaker for nursing, medical and other healthcare professionals on health law and legal risk management for the healthcare provider.
Scholarly Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- An experienced speaker, Mrs. Chesley most recently presented at the South Carolina Student Nurse Convention in Myrtle Beach.
- Previously certified as a Critical Care Registered Nurse