F. Heyward Grimball joined Richardson Plowden as an associate attorney in the Charleston office in 2015. He focuses his practice on construction law, general litigation, insurance defense, subrogation, and general representation of small and medium size business entities. While studying for a joint degree in Law and International Business, Mr. Grimball participated the Moot Court Bar, the Journal of International Law and Business, and the Moore School’s Consulting Case Competition Team, which placed second at the John Molson School of Business’ International Case Competition in Quebec.
Mr. Grimball's additional experience includes:
- Obtained Summary Judgment in a §1983 Federal Court case for all Defendants.
- Negotiated Voluntary Dismissal of client by opposing parties for nonmonetary settlement in multiple complex Construction Defect Cases in one of which the Plaintis sought in excess of $5 Million.
- Represents contractors and subcontractors in complex claims including construction defect litigation and contract disputes.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of client from an appeal to the South Court of Appeals in a complex construction defect case saving client thousands in avoided legal fees.
- Handles subrogation claims across South Carolina arising from both property and automobile claims.
- Represents Small to Medium sized Business Entities in business disputes and litigation.
- Serves as general outside counsel for Small to Medium sized Business Entities.
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Trial Academy.
- Represents Homeowners in personal injury claims.
In addition, Mr. Grimball has been involved in various other aspects of litigation defense including destructive testing in multi-million dollar complex construction defect claims, Federal court motions practices, and alternative dispute resolution (arbitration and mediation).