Caleb M. Riser joined Richardson Plowden in 2009 in the Columbia office. He focuses his practice on construction law.
Mr. Riser’s experience includes:
- For six years, Mr. Riser was employed by TVS-DESIGN, located in Atlanta, Chicago, Dubai, and Shanghai. While at TVS, Mr. Riser worked on various institutional projects, as well as commercial office building and public assembly space design, and distinguished himself as chairman of the Professional Development Committee. His experience in architecture brings invaluable insight, knowledge and experience to the practice of construction law.
- While attending law school, Mr. Riser was chairman of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board.
- While attending law school, Mr. Riser served as a law clerk at Richardson Plowden for two years.
Scholarly Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- Improving the Project Outcome with Accurate and Effective Construction Contracting, Halfmoon Education, Inc. (Winter, 2017)
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Defense Conference: Defending Prisoner Litigation Claims (Fall, 2016)
- National Business Institute Seminar, "Construction Defect Litigation: From A to Z" (2016)
- HalfMoon Education, Inc. Seminar for Registered Engineers, "Reviewing Contracts for Design Services" (2015)
- Robert J. Rutland Institute’s Professional Ethics in Design and Building Continuing Education Seminar (2015)
- Georgia Chapter of the International Concrete Repair Institute, "Construction Law - Contract Principles," (2014)
- CEU Event for Young Professionals of the SC American Water Works Association and the Water Environment Association of SC (WEASC): "Basic Contract Principles" (2014)
- Mr. Riser has spoken on issues related to sustainable building design liability and LEED certification.
- Continuing Legal Education event: "AIA Contracts" presented by Lorman in Charleston, SC.
- Author, "Less is NOT More in Sustainable Design Building Contracts," The Defense Line, Volume 40 (2012)