Who We Hire
At Richardson Plowden, experience matters, as does character and leadership skills. We hire dynamic, diverse and well-rounded men and women with excellent intellectual and interpersonal skills who have a desire for responsibility and to make a difference in the community. Diversity also matters to us. Click here to learn more about what diversity and inclusion means to us.
Professional opportunities are available for attorneys as well as law students. To learn more about the Summer Law Clerk Program, contact Caleb Riser at 803.576.3709 or email him a email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richardson Plowden is an equal opportunity employer. We demonstrate a commitment to diversity, ensuring equality and representation across all levels of the Firm. We encourage and facilitate an inclusive environment that benefits from diverse cultures, knowledge, viewpoints, skills and backgrounds.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARALEGAL (Mt. Pleasant-Charleston Area)
Our mid-sized defense firm is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our busy team in the Charleston office. This position is primarily responsible for handling aspects of case management from beginning to end as well as providing administrative support.
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Complex case management to include collection, coordination, organization and management of discovery and significant document productions;
- Database management and maintenance;
- Managing and calendaring of deadlines, depositions, hearings and trials;
- Drafting, proofreading, service, and filing of routine legal documents (answers, discovery responses, motions, subpoenas);
- E-filing legal documents with SC and US District Courts;
- Managing travel logistics for one or more attorneys;
- Handling incoming calls and scheduling appointments;
- Tracking attorney time entry and expense reimbursements;
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years legal experience preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task, effectively set priorities, and manage several projects;
- Professional and articulate written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with Juris Suite and i-Manage (electronic document management system) a plus;
- Experience with construction defect, product liability, personal injury litigation a plus
This is a full-time position and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EOE.