David A. Anderson is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. He maintains a civil litigation practice with an emphasis on defending construction, premises liability, real estate professionals, and other insurance related matters.
Mr. Anderson’s experience includes:
- Defending numerous civil actions in both state and federal courts.
- Participated in over 600 successfully mediated claims, which include construction, premises liability, bad faith, and general insurance defense matters.
After graduating from The Citadel, Mr. Anderson served in the United States Army in various command and staff positions until 1992, when he left active duty to pursue a career in law while continuing his military service with the South Carolina National Guard. Throughout his military career, Mr. Anderson received many awards and decorations, including The Bronze Star for action in Desert Shield/Desert Storm and the Legion of Merit for service in the National Guard. He retired with the rank of Colonel in 2006.
In 1996, he graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law and clerked for the United States Federal District Judge G. Ross Anderson, Jr. In 1997, Mr. Anderson joined Richardson Plowden and became a shareholder in 2003. In 2004, he received a master’s degree in strategic studies from the U.S. Army War College. Mr. Anderson is a member of the American Bar Association, as well as the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association, the DRI, the Professional Liability Defense Federation, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance.
- Certified by S.C. Supreme Court as a Mediator
- Certified by S.C. Supreme Court as an Arbitrator
Pro Bono/Community Involvement
- Past Chair, Washington Street United Methodist Foundation
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- Past President, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (2016-2017)
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the S.C. Supreme Court
- Certified Arbitrator by the S.C. Supreme Court
- Life Member, American Legion Post 6
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- Download vCard
- Mr. Anderson has earned the Martindale-Hubbell rating of AV, indicating that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.