James B. Robey III joined Richardson Plowden as an associate in the Columbia office in 2016. He is a member of the Richardson Plowden General Litigation Team. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2015.
Prior to joining Richardson Plowden as an attorney, Robey served as a law clerk for the Firm. Robey also clerked for The Honorable Robert E. Hood in Columbia, S.C. and served as a law clerk for the Fifth Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office. Robey is also an officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard.
- South Carolina Bar
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (SCDTAA), Board Member (2020-2023)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (SCDTAA) Young Lawyers Division, Vice President
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- 2020, South Carolina Super Lawyer, Rising Star for Construction Law
- 2019 Golden Gavel Award, Westfield Insurance