Office: 1900 Barnwell St.
Columbia, SC 29201
Mailing Address: P.O. Drawer 7788
Columbia, SC 29202
Contact Nelson’s Legal Assistant
S. Nelson Weston, Jr., is the managing shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. He focuses his practice on banking, bankruptcy and creditor's rights, business and commercial law, collections law and real estate. He is a certified specialist in debtor/creditor law and bankruptcy law by the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Mr. Weston's experience includes:
- Representation of lenders involving workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcy and lenders involving commercial and consumer debt.
- Representation of both lenders and borrowers in commercial transactions.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Frank P. McGowan, Jr.
- Columbia Rotary Club
- Certified Specialist in Debtor/Creditor Law and Bankruptcy Law by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- Commercial Law Committee, South Carolina Bar
- Master in Equity Committee, Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Former Member, Bankruptcy Specialization Advisory Board for the South Carolina Supreme Court
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- Rated AV Preeminent® for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale-Hubbell American
- 2021, Listed in Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law
- 2020, 2015, Selected as one of the Columbia area Legal Elite by Greater Columbia Business Monthly
- 2010-2011: Named South Carolina Super Lawyer